Sunday 1 January 2017

Troy Hinton - Where's the Fire (1989)




My wife and I were watching the delightful 80s romp starring Tony Danza called "She's Out of Control" (1989) which had this song featured in it. After the movie was over I had to look in the credits to see just who in the hell made such a fantastic track. Enter Troy Hinton:

A one and done musician who doesn't appear to have done anything else. I can't even really find any information about him or who wrote this song. But what a song!

One thing I notice every time I turn it on is just how damn fast it is. What the hell is the BPM on this track?  It sounds about 10BPM faster than it should be, which is what makes it so awesome! Where else do you get to hear high budget pop music playing this fast? Sounds like the song writer is the one who is out of control. I love when drum fills and synth lines have to audibly speed up just to keep up. It's raw and energetic.

Unique as well would be Troy Hinton's ultra high pitch puberty voice. I also can't really think of too many other artists who have that sound. It's like early Bobby Brown, I guess. But he wasn't belting out tracks this fast. No one was.

Troy Hinton, you are out of control!




No comments:

Post a Comment