Friday 27 January 2017

Junko Yagami - Communication (1985)




As far as I am concerned, this was Japan's answer to Madonna in the early 80s. A lot of the instruments are similar and the particular type of synth pop mixed with very light elements of rock really just scream Madonna. The vocals as well seem to be a J-Pop emulation of what Madonna was doing. Not that this isn't an original track. Anything but!

The song writing of this track is really interesting because they seem to toy (torture) the listener with very catchy and addicting pauses in the song. They also seem to employ this really sneaky method of coming back in to the swing of the song after a pause, almost like there are false starts, but on purpose. The track has always stood out to me because of it. And wouldn't you know it, rocking that Synth Bass the whole time.

Is it just me or do I also hear some RAH Band in there? And while I am at it, is it just me or do I hear a very slight bit of Daytona USA in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment