Tuesday 10 January 2017

Deniece Williams - Let's Hear it for the Boy (1984)



I never really paid much attention to this song until the last few years when it came on during an episode of American Dad. Only at that point did I notice that it was full of synth bass, and thus permanently found itself on my radar.

It's just in my nature to reject most popular music. It's almost like I need to discover music before I can really connect to it. I think a part of that is creating a personal context for the song, rather than just having the most well known stuff shown to me. But, there is absolutely something to be said about rad stuff being shown to you. No matter how much you want to reject something that exists in the center of a Venn diagram, sometimes it just happens to be excellent and worth your attention.

This is a classic pop track which also just happens to have a stupidly juicy synth bass through out the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment