Sunday 8 January 2017

John Farnham - Thunder in Your Heart (Rad Soundtrack) (1986)




Carrying on with the theme of 80s montages that broke my brain as a lad, here is a real banger. I shared Break the Ice in the Summer of FM, but was saving this one for the right occasion. Well that time has come. This might be one of the best songs to have come out of the 80s. I can't tell. again, if you didn't experience this song and those montages back in the day I can't tell what the impact would end up being.

These lyrics never fail to make me rise to the occasion, whatever it may be. I love how the 80s could get away with lyrics and passion like this. Nowadays it seems like being this passionate about something isn't cool, which is kind of bogus if you ask me. it also means we haven't had a non-ironic inspirational track like this in a long time. I don't know if it could even be pulled off these days, even with the best of intentions, so that is why I will continue to look to the past and hold these tracks up as high as possible.

Hey, you want inspiration? I guess all we have now are Shia Labeuf videos. Take your pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment